Sunday, April 16, 2006

Resurrection Sunday

Resurrection Sunday

It’s Easter or Resurrection Sunday and what a joy it is to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, although we can really celebrate this each day because he rose over two thousand years ago and will live forever.  I had spent this past week in Kerrville for a statewide training but with God’s help, I was able to get some spiritual refreshment through a couple of sermons that I had previously downloaded onto my personal laptop as wel as the spirit that I felt in the early morning hours of prayer before the events of the day started.  

But now that is past and we move on to another week, but with it the realization that we serve a living God who promises eternal life for all those who trust Him as Savior and follow Him.  John 10:27-28 says, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”  We first must trust in Him as our Savior and Lord then follow Him which means do what He says.  We know what He is telling us by reading and living His Word, or the Bible.  That is His Word and the Word we will be judged by in heaven for  David said in Psalm 94:12, “Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law.”  The law that David had was only the first five books of the Bible known as the Pentateuch but less someone say that is only law, we read in the New Testament in Romans 2:16, “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”  The gospel is of course the gospel given to Paul written in the New Testament.  

When we realize that we have a book such as the Bible that will allow us to hear from God himself and that doesn’t change, we know that we have a God and therefore a promise that cannot change for Malachi 3:6  says, “For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”  We continue to receive God’s mercy.  If you do not know the risen Savior and your life is only full of empty dreams, hopelessness, and depression, trust in the living Savior, Jesus Christ and be made brand new.  

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17

No comments: